Price Transparency and Patient Billing
According to AHCA, “the service bundle information is a non-personalized estimate of costs that may be incurred by the patient for anticipated services and…actual costs will be based on services actually provided to the patient.”
Estimate of Costs
- The Center provides, as a practice, a personalized estimate (with charges specific to your anticipated procedure) to each patient prior to surgery.
- Estimates or updated estimates shall also be provided at the request of the patient, prospective patient, or legal guardian within 7 business days from the receipt of the request.
- Actual costs may exceed the estimate.
- Please contact your health insurer or HMO for anticipated cost sharing responsibilities.
- The Center shall provide an itemized statement upon request of the patient or legal representative within 7 business days after patient discharge or 7 business days after the request, whichever is later.
Billing Information and Practices, Collection Process and Financial Assistance
- We, in general, call to let each patient know the estimate of costs, what insurance will cover, and any patient responsibility prior to the day of surgery.
- The Center will bill all valid health insurers. Patient responsibility will be collected at the time of surgery.
- An itemized statement shall be mailed for balances that are the patient’s responsibility.
- Past due balances will be sent to a Collection Agency.
- Financial Assistance and Charity Care is available based on individual need.